The Sippy Softswitch processes Asserted Identity headers as follows.
- The softswitch can pass the P-Asserted-Identity SIP header from the incoming to the outgoing call leg.
- In case when no P-Asserted-Identity header is received, the softswitch can generate it based on the CLI value.
- The P-Preferred-Identity header is always removed.
- Currently no support for the Privacy header exists.
The username part in the URI of the Asserted Identity can be edited with a translation rule before sending the call out.
There are several configuration options for the Asserted Identity processing.
- Account -> Pass P-Asserted-Id - controls if the P-Asserted-Identity SIP header is allowed to be passed to the outgoing call leg.
- Account -> P-Asserted-Id Tr. Rule - translation rule which rewrites the username part of SIP URI of the received Asserted Identity.
- Vendor Connection -> Use CLI As P-Asserted-Id - turns on generation of the P-Asserted-Identity header when no PAI received on the incoming call leg. If the Pass P-Asserted-Id option is turned off and this option is turned on then the PAI is always generated based on CLI.
- Vendor Connection -> P-Asserted-Id Tr. Rule - translation rule which allows to edit the outgoing Asserted Identity. The translation rule is always applied to the Asserted Identity no matter whether it was received on the incoming call leg or it was generated locally. If the translation results in an empty string then the P-Asserted-Identity header is not sent at all.
Replace CLI with a number received from caller in either P-Asserted-Identity or Remote-Party-ID header (starting from 5.1 version)
Configuration is performed using Connection -> Privacy Mode. There are three modes:
- Off - neither number from P-Asserted-Identity, nor Remote-Party-ID headers would affect the CLI that is sent to vendor
- P-Asserted-Identity - CLI would be replaced with the number from P-Asserted-Identity header. If CLI translation rule is configured on Connection, it will be applied to the number from P-Asserted-Identity before sending INVITE to vendor. Case more then one P-Asserted-Identity headers were received, the number from last header would be used.
- Remote-Party-ID - CLI would be replaced with the number from Remote-Party-ID header. If CLI translation rule is configured on Connection, it will be applied to the number from Remote-Party-ID before sending INVITE to vendor