In this tutorial, you will learn how to set up a new switch. When you are finished, you will be able to:
- Register a SIP phone with our switch
- Make a call from your SIP phone
- View CDRs from the perspective of your Customer, and view Vendor CDRs from the perspective of the swicth administrator
To learn the most from the tutorial, you will need:
- A SIP termination provider that you can terminate voice calls to
- A SIP phone
Step 0. Login & configuration of "My Preference"
When the switch operator logs in to the Sippy Softswitch very first time, SippySoft recommends starting from the configuration of settings in "My Preference" menu.
- Set the base currency - default currency that the system will use to display all costs/prices etc. for the switch operator.
- Set an Email - email is used for system notifications.
- Mail "From" Header - will result in your emails. This should be configured in the preferences of the root user according to your SMTP settings. SMTP does not work with the default mail 'From' header specified for the ssp-root user in case a custom SMTP server is being used.
- Allow API Calls/API Password - activate the use of API functionality.
- Web Password/Confirm Password - update the web password for the user that the operator used to log in.
- Allowed Hosts - comma or space-separated list of allowed IPs for the login by the current user.
Step 1. Setting up Vendors
The first step is to create a new Vendor, and a Vendor Connection. In the example, we are using the fictitious LanciaTele.com for termination; they have provided us a SIP gateway called sipgw.lanciatele.com
Creating our first Vendor
- Navigate to the Vendors screen by clicking on 'Vendors' in the left hand navigation menu
- Click the 'Add' button
- On the 'Add New Vendor' screen;
- Enter the name of your Vendor into the Vendor Name field
- The Web Login and Web Password fields will automatically be filled in; this optionally allows your Vendors to log into your system to see CDRs related to their Connections
- Set the Base Currency, this should be the currency in which you do business with your Vendor. The tutorial uses USD
- Set the Time Zone to match the Time Zone your vendor bills you in. This will make future reporting and reconciliation with your Vendor easier
- The Balance field is used to track the balance you have with your Vendor. For example, you could leave the Balance at zero, and as you terminate calls, the Balance will become negative.
- Click Save & Close
Creating Vendor Connections
The next step is to create a Connection under the newly created Vendor. It is common for a Vendor to have multiple Connections, but in this guide you will only see one created.
- On the Vendors screen, click the 'Open Connections' action link corresponding to the newly created Vendor.
- On the Connections screen, click the Add button
- On the Add New Connections screen
- Give your connection a meaningful name inside the Connection Name field
- Select the protocol of your connection using the Protocol pick-list. This guide uses SIP in the example
- Set the hostname or IP address of your Vendor's gateway connection
- If your Vendor requires digest authentication, then enter their credentials in the Username and Password fields. If your Vendor does not use digest authentication, then you can leave the fields blank. Click here for more information on Authentication
- Optionally, if you need to add or remove prefixes for your traffic for this connection you can do so in the Number Translation section on this screen. Click here to learn more about Number Translation
- Click the Save & Close button