The Service Codes feature allows you to enable services for accounts directly from the UA (User Agent). It is possible to activate some services (e.g. "Call Forwarding", "DND", etc.) by referencing a predefined service code.
There are two different places where Service Codes could be configured:
- in the "Account Class" menu of the Account
- under the action menu of the Account
Dependency between "Account Classes" and "Service Codes"
If the Account uses unique codes for services in the "Service Codes" menu and the "Account Classes" reflect the codes, the system will use the "Service Codes" as a priority.
Service Codes - using the functions
- Call Forwarding Enable: enter service code, forwarding number and dial button to enable it on the Account. All follow me numbers would be purged if they exist, the one in-process would be added
- Call Forwarding Disable: enter service code and dial button to disable call forwarding
- Block Last Caller: enter service code and dial button to add the caller's ANI to the blocked_numbers table and to reject all calls from the blocked ANI to the Account. The blocked caller would receive the No Routes found for the call message
- Unblock Last Caller: enter service code and dial button to remove the last blocked ANI from the table
- DND Enable: enter service code and dial button to enable Do Not Disturb mode - this rejects all incoming calls. The caller would receive the No Routes found for the call message
- DND Disable: enter service code and dial button to disable the Do Not Disturb mode and reject incoming calls
- Block Anonymous: enter service code and dial button to disallow calls with Anonymous CLI
- Unblock Anonymous: enter service code and dial button to allow calls with Anonymous CLI
There are 3 different options available:
- "Default"- if this option is selected, the system uses value from "Account Classes" menu
- "Disabled" - to disable usage of the Service Code even if one is specified in the "Account Classes"
- "*60" - the default value which can be replaced by any other value with the symbol "*" placed before the number
Values could be picked only using this syntax:
- starting with an asterisk "*"
- following the asterisk "*" with digits only
Please note, more then one Service Code can be specified by adding a comma before each additional code
You can find in the same options in the "Account Classes" properties.
How to test:
1. Open "Service Codes" under some exact account (e.g 666003)
2. Set "Call Forwarding Enable = " *51 " without spaces or the quote marks and save changes
3. Register the account 666003 on your User Agent
4. Dial *51<follow Me number> (e.g *51222333) and try to call
5. IVR should announce that your forwarding number has been specified to <follow Me number>
6. Initiate a call to this Account 666003 from some other Account; the system will forward the call to the number 222333 (<follow Me number>)