Service Codes feature allows to enable some services for accounts directly from UA(User Agent). There is a possibility to activate some services (e.g. "Call Forwarding", "DND", etc.) by calling to some specific predefined service code.
There are two different places where it could be configured:
- in the "Account Class" menu related to the particular account;
- under the action menu of account "Service Codes" menu is available;
If account uses some unique codes for services in the "Service Codes" menu and at the same time "Account Classes" has the codes defined for the same services, the system will use codes from "Service Codes" menu as more prioritized.
Service codes - how to use
- Call Forwarding Enable: service code, forwarding number and dial button to enable the call forwarding for this account. All follow me numbers would be purged if they exist, and the current one would be added.
- Call Forwarding Disable: service code and dial button to disable the call forwarding
- Block Last Caller: service code and dial button to add the caller's ANI to blocked_numbers table and reject all further calls from him to this account. The last caller would receive No Routes found for the call message.
- Unblock Last Caller: service code and dial button to remove the last blocked ANI from the mentioned table
- DND Enable: service code and dial button to enable the Do Not Disturb mode with rejecting all incoming calls. The caller would receive No Routes found for the call message.
- DND Disable: service code and dial button to disable the Do Not Disturb mode with rejecting all incoming calls
- Block Anonymous: service code and dial button to disallow the calls with Anonymous CLI
- Unblock Anonymous: service code and dial button to allow the calls with Anonymous CLI
There are 3 different options available:
- "Default"- if this option is selected, system uses value from "account classes" menu;
- "Disabled" - to disable usage of service code even if some code is specified in the "Account Classes"
- "*60" - the default value which could be replaced by some other value with symbol "*" at the beginning of the number.
Values could be picked only using this syntax:
- starting with asterisk "*";
- following with the digits only;
Please note, more then one service code could be specified by adding the rest codes after the comma.
The same options you can find in the "Account Classes" properties.
How to test:
1. Open "Service Codes" under some exact account (e.g 666003).
2. Set "Call Forwarding Enable = " *51 " without the spaces and the quotes and save changes.
3. Register the account 666003 on your User Agent.
4. Dial *51<follow Me number> (e.g *51222333) and try to call.
5. IVR should announce that your forwarding number has been specified to <follow Me number>
6. Initiate the call to this account 666003 from some other account and system should forward the call to the number 222333 (<follow Me number>)