What is the purpose of this feature?
"Registrations" feature allows to keep connection registered on the vendor end. In other words, it is a possibility to register Sippy Environment on account of your vendor as device/UA. The main purpose of this action is connected with impossibility of some vendors to pass traffic through the unregistered SIP Account on their end.
DID provider requires UA registration for end point device;
- if customer uses some external PBX, and wants to configure it to work with Sippy;
What should be done in the Sippy SoftSwitch to configure registration properly?
1. Create the appropriate Vendor & Connection;
2. Specify Username/Password in the connection properties for the digest authorization;
3. Open "Registrations" page;
4. Click Add button;
5. Specify in the new "Registration" your Vendor & Connection that was created above;
Name - name of carrier;
- Description - some notes for the new entry;
- Vendor - vendor which is going to be associated with the registration;
- Contact - username from connection and IP of Sippy system, e.g : sip:email@example.com;
Domain - sip address (IP or domain name) of the vendor;
Connection - connection that is associated with this registration;
- Username - username from connection;
How much time does it take to get my connection registered?
Expiry of the registration : 180 seconds (hard-coded)
How to identify that registration was made successfully?
When you see a green lamp instead of yellow, then it means that your registration has been successfully established:
In case of red lamp, please check if your credentials in the connection properties are correct.