DID Pool is the feature allowing to configure DID (Direct Inward Dialing) numbers forwarded to the system via DID gateway or specialized DID provider for use with IVR applications.
Each DID number has the following parameters:
- DID: this is the "canonic" E.164 number that will be used by the system for billing and accounting purposes.
- Incoming DID/CLD: this is the number as it comes from the DID gateway or DID provider. It might be the same as DID, but sometimes it could differ due to presence of local or technical prefixes.
- CLI Translation Rule: regular expression to translate incoming CLI into a canonic E.164 form. This is important particularly for the Callback application, where the system should be able to call CLI back. Can be empty in the case when DID comes with E.164 CLI already or when E.164 CLI is not important/relevant.
- Assigned to: either IVR Application that handles incoming calls via that DID, or specific Account that should be ringing when we get incoming call through that DID. The DID can be unassigned, in which case the system will not perform any specific processing for calls via that DID and they will be subject to a regular incoming call AAA procedures.
- Charging group: Charging group are used to charge DIDs with some additional fee. One can create multiple DID groups, for example local DIDs will cost in one fee and toll free DIDs will have a higher price. When used, charging groups will affect call cost using surcharges. Charging groups are also useful for IVR applications. If used with IVR applications such as calling card or conferencing it will result in a higher end user charge using toll free lines. Available since 2.1.
- Forward DID #: Without this feature an incoming call to UA is being sent with CLD equal to account id. This feature allows account UA assigned with DID to see DID# used for the call. Please test your UA before relying on this feature, as it might not supported by it. In case 'Forward DID #' is enabled, value from 'DID' field is forwarded, but not 'Incoming DID/CLD'.. Available since version 2.1.
How to activate Forward DID# option (see below):
Sippy Softswitch 1.9