End Of Support - Sippy Softswitch 4.3

End Of Support - Sippy Softswitch 4.3

In March of 2015 Sippy Software released Sippy Softswitch version 4.3.  After 2.5 years of reliable service and subsequent releases we will no longer offer active support or security updates for the version 4.3 starting September 1st 2017.  It is very important that customers make arrangements to upgrade the version of their softswitch to an actively supported version.  Customers who move to version 4.5 or 5.0 will see a number of benefits ranging from improved security, processing efficiencies, reporting, and a number of other improvements made in the past 2.5 years of development.

You can find out more information about our version 4.5 and version 5.0 releases from our release notes posted on our blog.

What happens if I stay on my current version?

Your switch will continue to operate as it does today and will continue to operate even after September 1st.  Support requests for 4.3 will be declined and you will be prompted to initiate the upgrade process.  To get additional support you will need to have an active support agreement and ensuring these requirements are met could add to delays to get your business up and running again.

How do I begin the process to upgrade my Softswitch?

Your migration process begins with an email to our support team.  We will verify your support account status and work with you to schedule out the upgrade process.  Once scheduled the update will be applied at the agreed upon time.  The downtime will be limited to 1.5 hours.  We encourage customers to upgrade to 4.5 at this time.

Are the costs associated with the upgrade process?

Customers with a FLEX license or active support contract should contact support to schedule your upgrade.  Other customers should contact our sales team for a list of options and prices.

What Sippy Softswitch Version options are best for me?

The vast majority of Sippy Softswitch installations are currently running on release version 4.5 and receiving regular security and maintenance patches. We would like to recommend you upgrade to release version 4.5 or to the recently released version 5.0.

Login or Signup to post a comment