End of Support - Sippy Softswitch v4.4

Posted on 

In September of 2015 Sippy Software released Sippy Softswitch version 4.4. Since then a number of our customers have already moved forward with either our 4.5 and 5.0 release versions. Starting February 1st, 2018 Sippy software will no longer be offering active support or critical updates for our 4.4 version of our software.

It is very important that customers make arrangements to upgrade the version of their softswitch to an actively supported version. Customers who move to version 4.5 or 5.0 will see a number of benefits ranging from improved security, processing efficiencies, reporting, and a number of other improvements made in the past 2.5 years of development. We also expect to be releasing our 5.1 Version early in 2018 and will be opening up this version for Alpha testing before the end of the calendar year.

You can find out more information about our version 4.5 and version 5.0 releases from our release notes posted on our blog. A full announcement about the new features available in our 5.1 release will be made in Early 2018.

How do I begin the process to upgrade my Softswitch?

Your migration process begins with an email to our support team. We will verify your support account status and work with you to schedule out the upgrade process. Once scheduled the update will be applied at the agreed upon time. The downtime will be limited to 1.5 hours. We encourage customers to upgrade to 5.0 at this time.

Are the costs associated with the upgrade process?

FLEX customers get it as standard as the support is included in their monthly charges. Customers who have support contracts up to date get the update upon request. Customers without support have to renew or reinstate in order to get upgrade.

What Sippy Softswitch Version options are best for me?

We recommend upgrading your softswitch to our latest 5.0 Release. The large majority of our customer base have been transitioning from our 4.5 release to our 5.0 Release over the last few months. If you have not yet upgraded this is an excellent opportunity to get that process started. We will also have our 5.1 Release ready in early 2018. The 4.5, 5.0, and 5.1 Releases of Sippy Softswitch will be supported for some time.

Many thanks!

Sippy Software Inc